Thank you to all of our clients who attended our shredding event!
Every year, Karn Couzens & Associates, Inc. hosts a free shredding event for all of our clients with catering from some of the areas best restaurants. This is a safe, secure, and delicious way to discard old financial statements and confidential documents.
Shred-it is a secure and safe way to destroy your personal and confidential documents. We host this annual event
Jeffrey greets clients at the Shred-it truck
We suggest the following time frames to keep each document:
- Pay stubs and bank statements (1 Year)
- Tax records and receipts (7 Years)
- Medical records and bills (1 Year after payment)
- Social security statements (keep only the most recent)
- Insurance policy statements (keep only the most recent)
- Retirement plan statements (keep only the most recent)
Other documents to shred include anything with personal information such as; social security, bank account information, date of birth, address, passwords, PIN numbers, or signatures.
(Information above is a suggested timeframe for document retention as there may be instances where records should be kept longer. Always double check before shredding)
Bob and Lexie taking a break in one of the truckloads of documents we help safely discard!